What a sense of relief for our body and soul to have Fall finally appear and while it continues to be extremely dry, we are definitely enjoying working outdoors in this wonderful weather. Many of you have been curious as to how long we’ll be offering CSA shares, and we’ve also been curious about that, mostly because with farming there are so many unknowns and we have been concerned about the groundhog wiping out all our Fall crops. Fortunately, we have a good bit of storage crops as well as fresh leafy greens, so we’re hoping to offer shares for the Thanksgiving holiday season. PLEASE PROVIDE US FEEDBACK via email as to whether this proposed schedule works with your holiday season and which weeks you won’t be able to order. That’ll help with our planning, because if not many of you will be ordering, we might just have an extended vacation.
– We’re harvesting and delivering this week for October 16th
– We’re also delivering for the week of October 23rd
– Our next delivery is planned for November 13th, after a 2 week vacation from harvesting shares. Last year we took a vacation at this time and it was super nice because we were able to explore these beautiful mountains and admire the fall foliage.
– We’d like to deliver November 20th, which is the week prior to Thanksgiving
– We’d like to <deliver November 26th, which is the TUESDAY prior to Thanksgiving because we thought it would be too hectic for folks to pickup the day before Thanksgiving.
Your Farmers (and cleaning staff),
Carl and Julie
NOTE: Your’re receiving this eNewsletter because you’ve either been a subscriber to MHO in the past OR if you’ve registered for our newsletters from our website. Feel free to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive this eNewsletter!
CSA Shareholders: You can access our online store using this link, if using a desktop you will log in by clicking the icon of the person in the top right hand side of the web page, if you are using a phone click on the menu icon and choose the login option. All orders need to be placed by Tuesday at 8 AM so that we will know what to harvest for your share! Please return your boxes because we re-use them. Orders will be ready each Wednesday after 8 AM.