Suzanne's Mexican Chorizo Quiche
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup Bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 8 ounces Ground chorizo
- 4 ounces Green chilies (opitional, may substitute fresh MHO Anaheim Peppers either Fresh or Raosted)
- 8 ounces Mexican cheese blend, shredded (2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Saute the bell peppers and onions until softened. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet brown the ground chorizo until it is cooked through. Drain excess grease and set aside.
4. In a bowl add eggs, heavy cream, half n half and mayo. Whisk together until very smooth. I use the blender.
5. Spoon the sausage, bell peppers, onion, and green chilies into a greased 9 inch quiche dish, pie plate or 11x7 inch casserole dish. Could also use a crust.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over everything.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the meat, vegetables, and cheese, and use a spoon to move things around just a bit to let the eggs get down and keep meat covered. Bake for 20-30 minutes to internal temp of 165 degrees
Nutrition: NUTRITION calories: 297kcal, carbs 5g, protein: 14g, fat: 24g,