Pumpkin Muffins (makes about 2 dozen medium sized muffins)
- 3 and 1/3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (we like it!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cooked and puréed pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts. (either toasted pecans or raw black walnuts)
- 1 cup raisins
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 24 muffin cups with muffin papers or a generous coating of cooking spray
(2) In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add pumpkin and eggs. Beat Well.
(3) In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients except raisins and nuts. Once sifted, mix in raisins and nuts. After the nuts are mixed in, add creamed butter mixture.
(4) Add milk to creamed butter/flour mixture. Mix until well combined - not over-mixing
(5) Fill muffin tins three-quarters full and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.