Green Bean and Yellow Squash Burritos (Contributed by
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini/yellow squash,
- 1 Onion
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound spinach or other green – coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- minced chili pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 32 oz salsa
- 5 or 6 whole wheat flour tortillias
1. Using a food processor, chop onion, yellow squash/zucchini and green beans in batches fairly fine.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the vegetables, salt, pepper & chili pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft and liquid evaporates.
3. Add greens and stir into the vegetables. Remove from heat.
4. Add a few spoonfuls of salsa, 1/2 C. cheese and basil to veggies. Coat 1/2 -3/4 C of salsa on bottom of casserole dish. Divide the filling into equal portions, add the filling and roll up each burrito then put in casserole dish. Top burritos with the rest of the salsa, followed by the rest of the cheese. Use the microwave for 5 minutes or oven for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serves 4.