Fresh Chard and Tatsoi
1 bunch of swiss chard
1 bunch of tatsoi
1 Tbsp Oil – peanut or safflower (or other light oil)
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger
1 C. vegetable stock
1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup cold water
sesame seeds as a garnish
This is quick to prepare and makes a light side dish that may be served with any meal
1. Wash chard and tatsoi and coarsely chop stems and leaves
2. Measure oil into a small bowl and press garlic and grate ginger into oil
3. Combine stock, soy sauce, mirin, vinegar and sesame oil into a small bowl.
4. Heat wok or large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil-garlic-ginger mixture and immediately add chard and tatsoi. Toss greens to coat with oil and cook until just wilted. Add stock mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until greens are tender but still bright in color.
5. Add thickener and allow sauce to bubble and thicken. Pour in serving dish and serve immediately, sprinkled with a light dusting of sesame seeds for garnish.