Slow cooker Punjabi eggplant with potatoes (Contributed by CSA Member Eva Hericks-Bares. Melanie Allen makes this recipe as well. Great for familys on the go!)
Cellophane noodles with Boc Choi
- 1 small large boc choi, finely sliced, both leaves and stems. (about 4 cups)
- 4 ounces cellophane noodles, soaked for 20 minutes in warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts (more to taste). We substituted peanut butter in the salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green/yellow/red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 serrano/jalapeno peppers minced added to taste
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic: chopped
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Place the cabbage in a bowl and cover with ice water. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2 Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt if desired. Drain the noodles.
3 Saute onion in a little olive/oil. Add in pepper. Saute for a minute. If the noodles aren't the right consistency, you can saute those at this time. Once sauted, toss with cabbage. Toss in chopped cilantro and pepper.
4 Make salad dressing. Cook the together peanut oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, peanut butter, oil, pepper flakes if using.
5 Toss hot dressing with salad. Then squeese lime juce and toss salad again. Cool and serve.